1 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix butter, sugar and eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
3. Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
4. Chill dough, and chill an ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the freezer.
5. Meanwhile, mix 3 tablespoons sugar, and 3 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Scoop 1 inch globs of dough into the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
7. Coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
8. Place on chilled ungreased cookie sheet, and bake 10 minutes.
10 Remove from pan immediately.